So I wanted a sling for the baby so when I need to "dash" (insert laughing here) into stores I can throw the kid in there as we don't have a car seat that comes out. I sold mine as it hurt my back and they aren't good for kids to sleep in anyways. So we have our Britax Marathon car seat that we love but it stays in the car, easier for me.
I looked around for a used sling. You can always find one when you don't need one. Now I need one but they have become so fashionable, you can't find them used!!! Local made ones here are going for $70-80!!!!! Are they crazy??? Even used ones are in the $30-60 range and you have to pay shipping etc, which I just can't bring myself to do.
So I found a tutorial online on how to make a pleated ring sling. Since I own hundreds of meters of fabric and since I vowed to use it all up, I thought, why not??? But hmmm...what about the rings? Like I will find those here in town. No sweat! I found a link to Sling Rings, a company in the States that sells aluminum and nylon rings in 3 sizes made for ring slings and tested for safety. A whole $10.50 Cdn bought me two pairs of rings and includes the shipping! Yee haw!
I have a 3 meter length (so Daddy could wear it too) of very pale aqua poly/cotton that I am going to use up.
I can't wait to get started and post the results! I am so glad I stashed sale fabric for years. It's all coming in handy now!
29 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment