15 April 2009

Renos

Daddy missed his flight out of Edmonton because the  pilot decided to NOT check his fuel before leaving Yellowknife and after a missed approach in Diavik, couldn't, I repeat COULDN'T, make his alternate and HAD to land. Then they sat there for 3-4hrs wondering how or if they were allowed to pump fuel from drums into the plane.

In the military, that pilot, wouldn't be a pilot after that mistake. It's called "getting yourself killed"! Seriously, if I was the flight drew on that plane, they would have had to call for a medevac for the pilot. Oh wait, if I was the aircrew on that plane, we would have had enough fuel because that was my job and one thing you NEVER overlooked!!!!! Seriously, what would have happened if there was such a blizzard that they couldn't land and had to crash land somewhere in the north because they couldn't make it to their alternate landing place, which happened to be back at Yellowknife????

So anyway, Daddy came home this morning after spending the night in Edmonton. The boy was silly excited and I was just plain tired as I had to drag myself out of bed and get to the airport at an hour earlier than the usual.

Then I cleaned the oven, stuck in the ham and we drove back to town and picked up the new counter tops!!!!! It's amazing how good a sanitary, clean, one piece of counter top can make you feel!!!! They are really nice and I did take a before pic and will upload later when I take the after pic. We also raised up one of the cupboards so far and it's amazing to have a counter at a real height for real people!!! Wahoo!!!!

Daddy opened a couple sand bags from the back of his truck and put them in the boy's small covered sand box, so that was a great hit!!!

Unfortunately I have suddenly been retaining A LOT of water and am trying to get it down, flush some out. I still have 8 weeks to go! It's a mad cycle of wanting to eat citrus to help release some water retention which in turn gives me heartburn so I have to resort to some club soda which has sodium and then I am back to square one....sigh.

Anyways, back to bed and hopefully I can sleep now!

No comments: