18 April 2009

Invaded

We've been invaded...by a few things.

1) Kitchen cabinets in the middle of the kitchen floor!!!

2) Ants. We had a leaky front door when we bought the place because who would ever think of wrapping the foundation in plastic so when the ground heaves the styrofoam insulation wouldn't?? I know, silly us for thinking so. So, the door sill was soaked because the sill around the house was pushed up and the water running into the foundation. Aw yeeeaahh!

Anways, the sill under the door has dried out but is somewhat rotted so the ants seem to walk right through. I am trying Borax on the outside of the door and I wiped the inside bottom trim and floor with pepermint oil which they reportedly hate. I guess we'll see if the population goes down!!!

3) My stomach and lungs are now invaded by the kid. Yep. 7 weeks to go (almost!!!) and I lose my breathing and food capacity. Dang it! Now I have to space out the cookies instead of all at once.

4) Oh yes. Saw dust and wood chips and splinters everywhere! Can't really complain though, I am getting new counter tops and perhaps a new stove!!!!

Pictures are yet to come, I am still collecting them and when it's ALL done, I'll post the pics!

Have a great Sunday!

No comments: