28 April 2009

Renos

So one of my stipulations before the kid comes is that we switch the sewing room and kids room and that we put up the adjustable shelving in the kids closet so I could unpack baby stuff and get settled.

I am very happy with the results! Of course, it's looking a little messy now...



The hanging space is on the top right side. The messy, I just threw that up there for now, is on the very top left. The boy's stuff is on the bottom shelves so he can reach all his clothes himself and the baby stuff is sorted into sizes in the baskets above. So far I have only sewn one basket liner, more to come.

Toy bin and laundry basket fit at the bottom. Some day there will be closet doors on there that open out like regular doors so you can access the whole closet.



What I like about this room is that it has two windows. You can just see the bottom corner of the second one on the left side. No, we don't have a bed for the boy yet, we're hoping for a great garage sale find.

I like that I got rid of the dresser, which just took up space. Instead I could put the books in between the bed and crib, leaving more space in the room. The change table I'll set up in the bathroom.

Not sure what colour I'd like to paint the room this summer. Something neutral. I'd like to paint a birch like tree on the wall that I can use as a height chart for the kids. The picture in my head looks way better, trust me. And just wait until I get the denim quilt sewn for the boy's bed, instead of the double/queen size quilts on there now!!!

Anyways, that's all I've got today. Perhaps some day when it all comes together I'll post some pictures again :) hee hee

No comments: