So I started typing this post when the power went out again at the house. We had a dump of 4" of heavy wet snow last night and it started again this afternoon. We were lucky to have our power back early this morning as some parts of town are still out, though I fear we will may lose it again tonight if it should start to snow again in the least.
Thankfully I got the front walk snow blown before it started up again so I will be back there again tomorrow as the roof is trying to slide again (the snow, not the actual roof).
I made a fantastic pork chop casserole tonight that had layers of apples, onions and pork chops with a bit of butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. I was doubtful of liking the taste but I had to see. It was incredible! It wasn't sweet nor had much cinnamon, just enough for a hint of flavour, but the apples and onions were divine together and the juice was luscious as well :) It was belly warming and made me feel cozy in the house.
Perhaps we'll venture out tomorrow and get a small radio that can be operated by batteries and a few more candles. I don't keep many around and only use them when the power is out but they are starting to get low so I should restock.
I have more great recipes and another website, geared for kids food that'll I'll get to in a day or two.
I keep thinking it's getting dark so fast, what's up with that but then I realize since November hijacked September and October, that in a month the days will be getting longer again! The sun sets around 1600 here now, which sucks, and makes the nights feel so long.
Perhaps I'll watch The Proposal again, it was that good ;)
16 November 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment