
I got Stella as I was leaving Winnipeg after I had received my Wings for Air Navigator and was posted to Comox.
On the drive through the mountains I, for some reason, thought of that movie or play where the guy yells "Stella!" and it instantly fit the car. She was Stella ever since. Why can I NEVER remember what show that was and who it was that yelled Stella? I have looked it up umpteen times. (Update: A Streetcar Named Desire).
She has been across the country and back, when I did my Acoustics training in Nova Scotia. She has lived 2 winters in Yellowknife.
She once carried a 6' table in the back, home from IKEA.
She brought the boy home from the hospital.
Heck, she brought the girl home from the hospital.
She has hauled a lot of crap all over this country and has always been reliable. She has never had a flat tire. No problems at all. She's 8 1/2 years old and only 125,000km.
And we sold her today. She's going to live in Victoria with a young lady who just graduated from the health profession. Her Mom worked at the Honda dealership in Winnipeg that I bought her from!!!
Thanks for the $ Stella! Be a good girl. The Wonder Van will never measure up to you.
Ann & Kathryn, if you see her around, please give her a pat for me :)
No comments:
Post a Comment