
He doesn't understand that I am teaching him at home and says he has to take the bus to the school and take the books with him! Maybe some day he can ride a bus but not now! Besides, we're a whole 600m from the school?? They won't let him ride the bus!!!

We ordered from Sonlight, a Christian company in the States and I have several friends who use them.
We liked the company because the program is very heavy reading based. As in, I read to him. In case you don't know, he LOVES to be read to and asks a thousand times a day to have a book read. You can often find him in his room during the day "reading" books. He has most books memorized and he repeats the stories to himself. My biggest complaint these days?
"Boy, get in here and clean up these books!!"
Umm...perhaps I should rethink giving him grief over that!!!
Anyhoo, we also ordered the Kindergarten Reader and Language Arts package as he fit the descriptions pretty well and if not, then they will be used next year or later this year.
While I am pretty sure he isn't ready to start writing the alphabet, I am sure he is ready to start reading. He has of late, taken to screaming the alphabet while running back and forth in the house. How can you get mad at that? He does his alphabet puzzle (10' train) in no time flat and the other day he read the letters in the Costco sign while waiting with Daddy.
He isn't ready to start writing (I don't think) because he hates colouring. He has always hated colouring. You can't amuse him in the least with colouring. If we get crayons and paper in a restaurant, he passes them to me!! So when you can get a crayon in his hand (usually by force) he grips with his fist and not like you should hold a crayon (or pencil), with your fingers. I am going to start working on that though. Perhaps the key is getting him to draw machines first and then get him interested in spelling words like Komatsu, Grove, backhoe, crane, Liebherr...
But until then I know we'll be seeing a lot of this... (smiles)

It's a book about art. Be still my heart, there's hope for him yet! (I LOVE art history and took several classes in college).
We'll let you know how this adventure plays out. It all starts Tuesday. Or maybe tomorrow, we'll see. Everyday is a holiday for me, do I really need another holiday Monday?
No comments:
Post a Comment