09 September 2009

I Stand Corrected

So the kid who hates to colour, and won't be ready for writing???

He coloured 5 pages today on his own and coloured in things on the match page. He successfully remembered how to correctly hold his marker. And he wanted to trace letters today.

So I wrote a whole bunch of F's on a page and let him use a marker to trace over top. That went well for about 4 or 5 F's. Then it started getting loopy and I thought he was just being silly so I told him to stop being silly and this was for tracing F's. To which he replied,

"No Mommy, I am making a G."

(Sound of crickets...) Why yes, son, you wrote a G and very well.

How could I miss that?

So I wrote a bunch of G's on the page for him to copy and he went and wrote an e.....

So now I am looking at ordering a couple books to start down the path to writing!

He still wants more and more reading and stuff. It was a rainy day (and he woke up hacking a cough last night) so he couldn't go outside and boy was the energy pent up by noon!

So here I am tonight, typing away and I hear "Whomp...whomp...whomp...whomp" behind me. I turn and see the girl, who's on her back on the playmat, pulling her legs in and then throwing them down on the futon as hard as she can! She was also trying to roll over and grab a toy that was beside her. She's getting there! Learning more every day!

Tomorrow she sees the doc for a check up and we get to weigh her. Any guesses at what she'll come in at this time?? She's growing out of most of her 6 month (16lb) clothing and is in basically 9 mth clothing right now. She's 3.5 mths old!!

No comments: