20 September 2009

8 hours

8 sweet, precious, beautiful, LONG hours. That is how long the girl slept last night :) Bless her heart! She started at 11pm and didn't get up until 7am. It felt good!

I keep hearing talk from various people, that it has been hot in parts of our country, like 30C hot. We, unlike those parts of the country have been full into fall weather. Cool in the nights, start a fire in the morning to warm up the house, leaves turning, warm sun, cool breeze during the day needing a sweater to keep warm.

I feel like having a pot of cinnamon and cloves simmering on the stove, knitting wool socks and making a fall wreath. Reality dictates otherwise, but I'm just dreaming here!!!

The sun was gorgeous today and we let the boy loose at a park with some friends to get out some energy. The turkey burgers we had for supper turned out wonderful and juicy, not dry like usual. I added 1/4c dijon, 1/2-3/4c. finely grated Monterey Jalapeno cheese, a couple shakes of Worcestershire, red onion and crackers/finely chopped fresh bread and 2 large cloves of garlic to 1 lb ground turkey and made 4 large patties. They looked dry on the BBQ but came off great and juicy with some nice flavour. We'll use that recipe again.

No comments: