23 July 2009

The Boy and His Dog



It's hot here. Like 28C+ hot. Ick. I am not a hot lover. (Hahahahaha! I just reread that one!!) Let's try, I am not a lover of heat. I would go to Hawaii in winter for 2 days. 1 day to warm up from winter and I would stay a 2nd day just because it was beautiful there. And then I would fly home to cool off.

Anyway, back to the boy and his dog. They are outside despite the heat.



We went to town for about 5-6hrs today running errands and having appts. We left Daisy off leash this time to see what she would do.

Nothing.

Except this.



That's my brand new Hosta, slowly being laid on to death. She finds it cool here in the shade. Pourquoi must she LIE on the dang thing??? I added the sticks since I don't have any tomato cages which is what this needs.

She did this yesterday.



I had just blown up the boy's pool for him again and had yet to fill it with water. Her little claws punctured that in about 2 minutes flat. No pun intended.

The boy got $ for his birthday from Great Gramma, so we decided to let him use it to buy toys at the thrift stores. First though, he had to get rid of some toys before he could bring more home. He and Daddy threw out the broken ones last night and he chose which toys would go to the thrift store for some other little boy to play with :)

Of course he bought machinery. A bobcat, a drilling machine and this.



He still loves fire trucks and associated paraphernalia. Or however you spell that word.

He is currently outside in his "tree fort", a group of willows he hides in the middle of, trying to literally break down trees and occasionally push the dog over.

He is doing better with Daisy, though he has his moments where you just wonder what goes through his little mind. Like this morning. I watched him run up on Daisy who was lying in the deflated pool and screamed NO! at her so loud she ran away. Then he went back to his sandbox, spied his plastic rake and with a huge smile on his face, grabbed it and ran full tilt towards her with it.

What happened next? I, in my housecoat, came flying out the front door just as he was passing and before he knew it the rake was in my hand and it was whacking his butt! Not hard of course but he was just mad that he got caught! I don't know what he intended to do to her but I didn't want to find out.

We saw the doc today. The boy is 45lbs and healthy as a horse. The doc couldn't exclaim enough about how literally text book perfect the girl was. Great colour, healthy & 13 lbs!!! She's 8 weeks today and still cute as a button.

We also asked for allergy tests for the boy to see if there are any food reasons for him being the way he is :) It's good to know if he is naturally high or perhaps a food is making him high!

That's all. A busy day. I end with a picture of the innocent.

No comments: