30 June 2009

Birthday Boy

These posts are no good with out pictures. I haven't figured out the new computer and downloading photos. I liked how the old computer worked. I had it down. It was easy. I hate change.

Moving on.

The boy is an early riser. He came in this morning and said "I got up and all these balloons were out there."

He came back a while later and said "Why was this cow puzzle on top of the tv cabinet?" (Nice innocent act).

Well, the cow puzzle HAD been wrapped. I found the step stool against the tv cabinet, the scissors on the coffee table, which had cut the ribbon, and a mass of ripped up paper on the table.

"Boy, get back to bed." And then I went back to bed.

Did I mention I was up until 2am? The girl cluster feeds in the evening so there was that, I was trying to make and decorate the cake ALL evening in between, then I cleaned up and decorated the house, then I wrapped gifts and then I went to bed and fed the "starving" girl. One chin was starting to deplete I guess and she needed a top up :)

He had a great day though, despite the start to the day. We had cake and ice cream just after lunch time and then went down to the river to play about. Before all that he played in his new 8' x 4' sandbox, which he loves.

I made him a rocket ship cake (I know, useless without pictures, please send computer help) in green icing (his favorite colour) and melted crushed up hard candy to make the rocket fins and the "fire". I used sparklers above the "fire" and so it looked like it was "blasting off" when lit. HE loved his cake :) That warmed the cockles of my heart :)

The girl was cute as usual. She has her Uncle Brad trained that she likes to sleep while being walked around. Sitting and rocking was not good enough. Smart girl :) Unfortunately, she also has her Momma trained...

No comments: