19 May 2009

Hello May?...It's Me Calling



What the fudge nut brownies are you thinking?????



And yes, I mean what is snow doing here in May???

And yes, this is the boy outside in his pj's and no coat because he made a break for it when we weren't looking.



He was so excited to be working (I wonder where he gets that from...Daddy???)

Recently I had been praying that the baby would come early, enough with the water retention already I said.

Well, no, it isn't here and now it can't come early! Why, you ask???





Well, yes. It would appear that our kitchen is half apart and two different colours right now! Oh, and I painted the first coat of paint on the walls too. I didn't change the colour that I bought as we realized that earlier in the day, the wall colour is the colour I picked, it just changes through the day and I am not wasting paint nor the time to change it!!! Time is ticking people!

The white cabinets are so much better than the oak. We are pretty much painting over any remnant of oak, which the builder of this place happened to use EVERYWHERE. In all the window casings, in various places (because they ran out of drywall??), and on the bathroom storage cabinet. Daddy is sanding and I am painting. Furiously I might add.

However, we know not how much time we have. The midwife was surprised to discover that the kid is head down AND engaged today. Most 2nd kids don't engage until your in labour! So what does that mean??? And she said "See you next week...if not before!" as I was leaving her office. Hmmm...seems to be I'd better get painting double fast!!! Hee hee!

And last but not least, here are some pictures from the opening of the Railway Museum for the season. It was a rainy, cold day but the boy LOVED it as usual.





The mini Cottonwood ride on train!



The loaded train!




The beehive burner



No idea what this is but he showed me like Vanna!



At the petting zoo. He actually really liked it this time.



A new addition to the museum and one of his favorite machines.



I had always heard of REO Speed Wagons but I honestly had no idea what they were. Now I know. I think the photo turned out great with the rusting colours.

That's all for tonight. I've got to get back to painting. A 2nd coat in the entry way and then that's done. A few more coats on the cabinet doors so hopefully they can be done tomorrow and put back on as I have a ton more to do and they are taking 4 coats each!

No comments: