Now let's get one thing straight. There is no such thing as a respectable sin. The point of the book is that in today's world, we have taken many sins and downgraded our wording about them, making them seem not so bad. We're still going to face judgment about them one day, perhaps we shouldn't be so laisse faire about them!
Anyway, the other week we talked about pride. No one I would know has any problems with pride, no siree...well, OK, maybe I do.
But I like to think I have made some progress. You see, I made those onesie cookies last week for a baby shower that isn't happening until tomorrow. So I put those cookies in the freezer. Unfortunately the icing de-thawed somewhat mottled and not at all perfect like the day I made them. The old me would have started from scratch and stayed up into the wee hours redoing them so they could be perfect. The new me said forget it, I ain't wasting 28 good cookies because they came out mottled! We taste tested one and they still taste good, they just don't look perfect.
I think, in a way, that's a perfect cookie for our Bible study gang and good way for me to give pride a kick in the wazoo.
The other good lesson of the day was learned by Daddy, who by the way arrived last night!!!
He and the boy were busy cleaning up the yard in the rain. Remember all the small piles of grass, leaves and branches I raked up last week? He loaded them into the truck and then proceeded to try and drive them up our small hill at the back of the property and deposit it all up there where no one goes.
Did I mention it has been raining for the past couple days? Did I mention they tried? Well they made it up there with one load after literally 10 tries. The second load, well, the truck got stuck as Corb Lund would say and if you know that song, that's pretty much what ensued. Except we don't have any Hutterite 4x4s around here (not that they would come anywhere near us!!). Just Rain Coast Cranes, aka Kyle, who came to the rescue with his 4x4 and an hour later, the truck was unstuck and COVERED with mud.


Now here's a look at what came up this week in the yard and was a nice surprise.

And this is what also came up but hasn't bloomed and I really can't for life of me think of what they are! Perhaps Irises???? Tulips??? Anyone???

No comments:
Post a Comment