26 January 2009

Things You Didn't Know About Me

I've been looking at photos lately and though I hate, hate, HATE the phrase "I used to...", I thought I'd list a few things about me some people might not know because they are a part of me and things I loved doing.

I was an athletic therapist for 3 years at college for various sports teams. I thought I wanted to be one but then realized I'd have to put up with athlete attitude and I wouldn't work outdoors like I wanted. So I dropped that idea...

Then I raced biathlon for my last year at college and mostly loved it. I even ripped my rifle off the harness once when I had a major spill!!! During my first year of college I raced canoe and LOVED it. Stubborn as I was I refused to race the second year because my partner moved away and I didn't want to race with anyone else.

That same stubbornness made me quit violin lessons when my teacher moved back to Nova Scotia from Saskatchewan and I refused to have another teacher. Someday I'll take lessons again. I was good at violin. I was also in Grades 2-4 or 5???

I played rugby for 4 years. And loved it.

I danced ballet for 11 years. Tap for 1 year. I loved tap but really disliked the other girls in the class so stopped that.

I taught 3 and 4 year old's ballet for 3 years. They were so cute!

I was certified to teach canoeing and cross country skiing.

I raced cross country running for 1 or 2 years?? It has since been my most favorite sport. Due to knees and a hip well beyond my age, I can't do that anymore. Perhaps one day I can have new knees. And a new hip. Maybe everything will be new...

I ran to level 10 in the beep test during military basic training and shamed dozens of men!!!! I still laugh as they tried to keep up with me during morning runs. That was during my cross country racing days. I could run up to 12 miles a day back then.....

I was the first person to have a military Tae Kwon Do crest for the team in Comox. I loved TKD too and would like to go back to that one day...

I hoard fabric just in case an asteroid hits and wipes out every fabric store on earth. I LOVE fabric.

I used to hoard art supplies and never use them in case they would run out. I stopped that when I realized the markers were drying up, the paper was aging and I couldn't keep toting that much crap around the country.

I love carbs. I could eat bread and butter till the cows come home and then some.

I used to hunt submarines. For the military.

I've peeled countless logs and helped my uncle build a log cabin.

I like shooting targets with firearms. I like firearms. One day maybe I'll go hunting...

I'm more Ukrainian than Norwegian or English, but I studied Norwegian for 4 years at college and was nearly fluent in the language. Now I teach my son various words and sentences in Norwegian.

I really like photography and would like to take professional classes and own a Nikon D80 or D100.

I stayed in Industrial Arts in high school until Grade 11. I wanted to be an architect back then but then gave that up when I realized I couldn't really work outside with that. Consequently, I really like woodworking, welding and drafting. Home Ec was for sissies....

I gained 50+ lbs with my first child. I haven't weighed myself since before I got pregnant this time.

No comments: