It snowed for about 36hrs. STRAIGHT. Which equaled about 12" of snow in my yard. It didn't look like much from the doorway. Until I tried to brush off the car and then drove like a bat out of hell to the main road since ours wasn't plowed and I wasn't going to stop and be stuck!
I had my midwife appt today and it was good. BP 66/110, BHB high 140's-low 150's and it kicked the doppler like crazy!!! Now I go to monthly appts, which is nice.
I slid over to the newspaper office and signed up for daily delivery starting tomorrow. Since there's 6' of snow they can't install a post with box so they are going to bag and throw it in the driveway. Which works if it doesn't get covered by snow or the snowplow!!! And our house number is covered so I hope they can figure it as the neighbours have numbers! We'll see. I need to paint large numbers on a piece of plywood but not before it gets delivered at 0'dark thirty.
Because it was snowing so hard I had to buy Sorels. I had to go way across town to get a pair but I got a pair and the snow was even deeper than them. After getting home I found the snow blower started up with a roar but died every time I put it in gear. After enough tries it started smoking. I realized the gear couldn't turn because the shaft was frozen solid to the other metal doo-mahicky. So I poured what was left of my lock de-icer on it and VOILA! it was able to turn and away I roared until it stopped working and I stupidely shut it down in the driveway to inspect. I say stupidly because it has to be plugged in to start. So then I had find enough extension cords to reach down the driveway and restart it. 3hrs later I finished. Mostly. I have to blow out the truck spot and then never park the truck there again because I can't keep blowing 1 acre of road and associated parking spots!
Needless to say I was a tad immobile this evening after my back seized up but is now relaxing. Just in time for the searing heartburn to start. Bonus.
And then the poor computer is dying, literally. Everything you click on, online, times out and you have to keep refreshing or trying again until it decides to work. Daddy installed spybot and it works even slower.
Anyways, it started snowing again. There is physically nowhere left to blow snow. The piles are over 5' tall and I need a loader now to haul snow away. The reversal beeping of the loader would remind me of my military days in barracks with snow removal all night long and the aggravating beep beep beep, followed by intense scraping. Those were the days.
07 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment