09 January 2009

Boy Logic

Dolls can have naps, so why not machinery?

We zonked out for a nap today and upon rousing, Baby Blues decided that Backhoe, Dozer, Mini-Dozer and all the "rocks" were tired and needed a nap too. He promptly put them under a blanket in the living room, thus creating a tripping hazard. Which I did trip on. Which made him sad as they were roused from their sleep too early.

Boy logic, I tell you.

We made an outing today, to the mailbox which is always farther than I think it is. We plodded as I was tired and Bailey, the dog three doors down, followed us there and back. Bailey is super old and has hip problems and was limping by the time we got back to her master. I made the boy walk the whole way and took my trusty baseball bat just in case. In case of what, you ask? Cougars, mean dogs or stupid people. Always be prepared! I am sure the neighbour thought I was nuts. Who cares.

I tried to snow blow but the shaft gear would not connect to the motor gear. The handle moved but the gear did not. The shaft could turn and was not frozen this time but I fear the gear was. I used a large spike and hammer but could not budge it. That was the end of my mechanical abilities. Perhaps tomorrow I will have more energy to beat the tar out of it. And it supposed to be above zero so perhaps if it is frozen, it'll melt and work. Or it'll rain first and I won't have to worry about blowing snow. I'll have a skating rink instead.

Anyways, if you haven't seen the movie "No Reservations" with Catherine Zeta-Jones, rent it. It's a good one.

Keep yer stick on the ice.

Roger dodger, over and out.

No comments: