16 January 2009

The Grocery Store

There was this lady at the checkout who had this child that was so horrible. He was screaming, kicking her and hitting her. He was trying to push the cart past the till by grabbing the side of the grocery packing part and yanking but his mother was holding the cart with her foot which made the child madder than heck.

She tried to speak to him, she even spanked his hand in the store which produced more rage induced tantrum from the kid who not going to listen her for anything. Good heavens, lady get a grip and discipline that kid!

Then I snapped to and realized it was me and I was in a coma to block out the screams and disobedience and the fact that I couldn't spank his bottom right there in line and try to pay for the groceries.

So when I buckled his booster seat I made sure the seat belt was locked so he couldn't bend forward in his tantrum, which he doesn't understand is dangerous if we have an accident and he's got the seat belt stretched out. That made him mad and the only thing he could do was flail his arms about which he did with ferocity (is that a word?) until he realized it did nothing so he pulled the blanket over his head until we got home where he was a much more composed and calm child.

Maybe tomorrow I'll laugh about it....then again...maybe not.

No comments: