
Or perhaps this guy...

But no, it was a mouse.

No, not that kind. This kind...

But he wasn't even this cute...

He was small and black and I had choice words for him at 3:30am when I awoke to scurry sounds (shudder). I leaped from my bed and spent the next 3 hrs awake on the couch until I fell asleep.
We promptly headed to town when I awoke grouchy, and got a large steel trap for the ugly thing.
Just as I headed into our room to put the trap under Daddy's dresser, I saw him run under the dresser and out the other side where he found me. He hid again and when I scared him out, he ran a few circles and then magically disappeared through the door. (We have an outside door in the bedroom since the house was built for a wheelchair and I guess it was a fire exit). How can a small, fat mouse make itself 2mm thin and vanish???
Who cares. He was gone and I promptly taped up the door and put the trap under the dresser should he gnaw his way back in. Funny thing is, that was the door Daddy just fixed and put on new weather stripping etc to make it weather tight. Apparently not mouse tight!
Anyways, he's gone and I am happy. Daddy should be on a plane headed for Vancouver or arriving there now and then one more leg before he arrives at midnight! That's one visitor I don't mind having ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment