08 December 2008

Cravings

This kid has been all about savoury/salty/salty/salty/spicy things.

Roast turkey dinner with all the trimmings, rice and soy sauce, salsa and chips, salty potato chips, refried beans with cheese and salsa on soft torillas, cheese on toast, cheese on toast and more cheese on toast. Oh ya, and I NEED spicy beef from our Chinese friends up in YK. I NEED it. Did you hear that Grama P? Did you get the recipe yet?? Can we say steak too? We went to Shogun Japanese restaurant last weekend for the crane company's Christmas party and I had chicken and beef. Well I ate the beef which the cook, after ranting that I wanted my meat extremely well done, gave me lots of extra!!! And the chicken I gave to the hubby. It was all about the steak and mushrooms. And I left salivating over the beef and wanting 5lbs more of it. Mmmm...steak. Cut it out kid! We don't have any steak and now I want steak again. Sigh...

Anything sweet/ has sugar in it has made me ill. Oh ya, and almonds too. What's up with that? I LOVE almonds. Can we say marzipan??? No we can't because it makes me ill. I have a jar of jujubes on the counter for Christmas because I love jujubes but they make me ill every time I indulge. Can we say Homer Simpson going for the peanuts over and over despite the electric shock? Yes, yes we can.

I couldn't even make a pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving at our friends house because the thought of something sweet was literally making me throw up. But did I devour 2 plates of turkey, gravy, rolls and potatoes!

With Baby Blues, it was all sweet. I ate watermelon and oranges like they were going out of style. I ate a whole chocolate cake by myself for my birthday because my hubby was gone and it tasted good!! Hmmm...where did that 50lbs come from??? Meat, I couldn't look at. OK, except Sabri's in Victoria where I ate butter chicken sauce and naan bread by the plate fulls (it was buffet OK??). Again, no idea how I gained 50lbs. None. Must be the genes.

Anyways, since we don't have steak, I ran out of rice and it is late, I guess I'll be going with the old standby....cheese on toast.

Platters up!

No comments: