08 December 2008

Sewing, Cooking, Baking, Making...All Things Christmas

Its Dec 9th today (I think)!!! Where has time gone?

I've started on Christmas gifts and I must say I am a mite slow again this year. While I am not sick nor am I manning ops or trying to desperately push paperwork through in the one month that nothing gets done in the military, I was sick with nausea and that kept me down far too long! I am excited to start on some big projects after Christmas as it'll take me until next Christmas to get them done!!!

I wish I could show you all the things I am doing but then the fam would know what they are getting for Christmas!

Though I usually make most of the Christmas gifts, this year I am trying to make more so that we can participate in Advent Conspiracy. I wish I could upload the video from YouTube but our dear computer is just too old to handle much of that. If you search that title on YouTube, you will get the video and what its all about. In a nut shell, Less Spending at this time of year and more spending of time together, sharing, helping, giving and most of all taking the $ you saved from making gifts and giving to Living Water, a project to outfit everyone in the world with clean water. As Canadians, we spent 35 billion a year on Christmas and yet it would only take $13 billion to outfit everyone in the world with clean water.

Something to think about.

No comments: