If I was still a Captain, I would be deploying for one of two northern operations at this time. I would be in Inuvik or Iqaluit.
If I was in Inuvik, I would be running my own show, staying in a nice hotel and working at the RCMP Det.
If I was in Iqaluit, I would be one of a thousand drones, working shift work, making the aircrew cry and telling the Navy...well I am sure you can guess! I'd be slave to too many upper brass, all trying to make decisions at the same time and giving me a thousand different answers and directions, secretly doing our own thing to make the operation function.
In short, I'd be wasting away good summer days, trying to make an operation or two work in an environment where that is close to impossible. I would be stressed and miserable.
Now...I just call the old ops room and LAUGH at them! No really, I do. Its a great joke at their expense but hey, all the stuff I put up with from them is coming round to bite them:)
I love my life here in PG, with Baby Blues and Daddy Blues. The sun is out this week (amen!) and we have so many things to be thankful for. A big plus is not having to wear wool socks and combat boots in the summer heat. Along with long pants and 2 shirts. Amen for tanks tops and capris!!!
All hail the summer! Be long and prosper! Keep yer drinks on the ice!
Love,
A Happy Me :)
03 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment