26 August 2008

Happy Thoughts

OK, OK, so the last post was a little complain-y. No one's here though so I had to say it to the blog!

Here's something that makes me thoroughly happy and wanting to bake a batch right now.

I love cupcakes. I love cake but I really like cupcakes. I could eat a thousand. Do they have contests for that? Nevermind, let's get back to topic.

I found all these over at Martha Stewart dot com. She had a competition for them. Leave it to me to sniff them out!

Here's the winner (I think it was). I LOVE it. Cherry pie is also my favorite. I could eat cans and cans of cherry pie filling. In fact, Dana and I used to share a can o' cherry pie filling after a box of KD. That's going back like 20 years. O-W-C-H! Am I old enough to say that??? Let's look at the pictures and forget what I said.



Aren't they gorgeous? I figured out they just used beige icing to pipe on the "pie". Very good.

These are just beautiful and use a technique I have wanted to try for ages. Melting hard candies, which are the wings here. I have always wanted to make a gingerbread house with "stained glass" windows using this technique. So pretty...



Now what do we have? Oh yes. This little guy was so cute. Good for Easter or anytime really. Maybe better with Thanksgiving? Isn't it close enough to a turkey?



Now, if these didn't win an award, the lady is crazy. Who would have thought you could make something sweet look like this? It looks like real corn on the cob. I love it. OK, I love them all, but this is great creativity.



This person was very smart. Cake AND ice cream all in one. And not just any ice cream...gelato! Such summery colours! Now if we only had some summer...OK, OK, I am getting over it! THESE would help me get over it. Did I say my fat count was going down????



Now if only winter would come. (I am soooo fickle!) But only because I want a good reason to make these cute fellows! Look at his face, so cute!



Martha got a little creative here! She cut the hat out of the cupcake and then filled it with icing! Clever! I thought he was cute too. Probably because I like gumdrops and the colour of them too!



Now I picked these guys out for Shannon and her girls as they LOVE bunnies! I don't like the dark eyes, they look like they have masks on, but the rest of them are pretty cute! I like the teeth!



I thought these were very pretty. I am into birds right now. I also don't think Martha got it, because she mentioned NOTHING about the "two birds with one stone" on her website. Get with it Martha! These are poetry grade cupcakes. Simple yet stunning.



That's all for me tonight. The closest thing I have to cupcakes in the house, are peanut butter muffins and cut in half with jam on each, they are fantastic. They actually call for jam inside the muffin and apricot jam ROCKS in these. However, Baby Blues hates jam, won't go near it. So I made this batch without jam. He still won't eat them! The last batch he would eat until he came to an apricot piece then hand it over for me to eat the jam part and then finish off the rest :)

Good night,

Love,

The Sweet Tooth

No comments: