24 August 2009

Snippets

I like the word snippet. Kind of the word satchel. It's a good word. I had a dorm mate in college who had a satchel called Mitchell the Satchel. Anyhoo....

Today was a productive day! I like these days!! Hee hee!

I was actually the first one up today and let Daddy sleep a bit. I immediately got to washing clothes, feeding kids and then starting the bread. I had wanted to cut the lawn but Daddy was called to go look at a crane job so that was on hold.

I made cinnamon buns and 2 loaves of bread and it gets better with every batch. I didn't let the bread rise quite so high so we have normal sized loaves that will fit in the toaster!

The girl was a happy one and slept a 3 hr nap this morning and a bit this afternoon and is in bed right now. We were blessed yet again with someone dropping off girl clothes and so I have an absolute ball dressing her each and every day!! I pick out her outfit for the next day and can't wait to try that one as well!! Today, though, she was a pink monster. I dressed her in a pink striped turtle neck onesie, with pink pants, pink striped socks, pink princess slippers and a pale pink jacket/sweater. It's cold these days in the house and I refuse to light the fire yet!!!



The boy did well today and is slowly learning that he can't be mean to the dog anymore because she is getting big. When she puts her paws up on him now, they are on his shoulders!! And her claws scratch him but he is learning the stop and pet her, which makes her a big suck and she forgets about chewing on him and gets some love instead ;)

Here he is goofing around on his bed for the camera.



Now we went to a petting farm on the weekend. It's a great place and has a TON of animals to feed and pet. Tons of playground equipment and lots of room to run around. The kids had a blast!

This is the boy and his new friend, Danika. She's soooo cute! She's the one where all the new clothes came from! We are just borrowing the clothes though and passing back when we are done :)



The boy of course found this as soon as we got there and it took some effort to pull him away! He had jobs to do don't you know?!



This little goat wandered around free and was soooo cute I wanted to take it home!



After the farm we headed to a local rodeo they have every year for kids. It's a blast and not a huge crowd so pretty relaxing. The newspaper guy took a picture of Daddy and the boy since they both had red hats on leaning over the fence watching the rodeo! I'll post a pic if it makes it into the paper!

I also got the skirt fabric pulled out last night. This one will be a shorter skirt. Ann got me this beautiful fabric when she visited Andrew in south east Asia last year while he was on deployment.



And this is the fabric I will make a long skirt out of. No idea where I got this from!



But it looks like tonight is passing on and I won't get them cut out. I am off to the gym tomorrow and I need it after eating the cinnamon buns today. Well I didn't eat them all, I do have help :)

No comments: