26 February 2009

"Thank You For Being Nice"

That was the comment the Telus lady said right before she hung up. I think they are down on their luck and trying hard to retain customers. I also think she may have had a hard night!!!

We finally got a land line several weeks ago and at that time they didn't have high speed internet out here. Well, suddenly they do. I think this is their response to Shaw's new digital phone. 5000 people here in town signed up with Shaw the first couple days it was announced!!! Talk about losing customers like water through a hole! That was just here! Many people have reported that their phone packages have been slashed in price by Telus since!

We are NOT Telus fans and have a very cool little gizmo called Sierra Wireless. It's a high speed internet that works through the cell towers. We bought it when we lived in the camper-house and you can take it anywhere and not have to do a thing. You have your own internet at your fingertips whether you're in Nova Scotia or British Columbia. We found it through a traveling/camping magazine. However, it does come with a higher price tag.

I was too impatient with the lady and didn't want to hear what she had to say. She stumbled on her words so much but thankfully she did speak English so that part was easy. At one point she asked if she could send us a new laptop? I said no, thinking another gimmick but now that I am off the phone, I really do wonder if they were ready to hand out a brand new laptop for free????

I'll have to check out the price of this new high speed internet. I am guessing it would save us money and since that's the name of our game right now...

I'm off for some more couch potato/Gilmore Girls session!

Have a good night.

No comments: