14 December 2009

GAAAHH!!!!

Ever have one of those days?

Things go wrong, the kids are needy, the kids are loud, I am needy, etc...

Well to top it off, when I went to move the van today I discovered the power steering was gone. As in it was sitting in a frozen puddle on the snow under the van. (Oh ya, it was -36C last night).

I may have driven it with the all fluid gone and the pump may have been dry and I may have wrecked the pump. I say may because I really don't know. It's a good thing we don't have a rifle yet because it would have 4 flat tires too! Take that stupid van!!

At least I have the truck. I like to call him Bambi. Bambi seems like a high maintenance kind of name. Apparently when guys, or their stuff, is high maintenance, they call it "specialized".

Bambi is "specialized" because Bambi has a diesel heater. And air bags. And some kind of inverter. And an air compressor for the air bags. And I think I have to kill the switch, then twist the knob, start the truck and stand on my head while knocking on the side panel to get the air bags and everything working correctly.

Right Daddy? (wink wink :)

The diesel heater actually makes it much easier than the van because the truck can be, and will be frozen solid in the morning. But I push a button for the heater, wait 2 hours and start the truck. And then zoom away while the temp gauge is cold and make sure the tires are spinning while I put it in 4 high ;)

And when I effectively kill the truck, I have the new van to drive.

Where's the baseball bat? I need to go beat the snot out of a frozen tree.

Did I mention I dislike being cold? I dislike it when my fingers are frozen.

At least the dog is still toasty in all her fur and bred-in cold weather survivability. She's outside sleeping on the snow and ice.

No comments: