24 December 2009

Christmas Peeks

I am so excited to post what I made for people but I can't yet!

It's a good thing the girl can't read, or comprehend for that matter!

Here's Gracie Girl, the doll I made for Grace.



I wanted a simple rag doll, soft, easy to make and do you think I could find much on the internet? Nope.

I found it really hard to draw my own head for the doll. The shape you draw out is not the shape it will be when sewn and stuffed. I will have to make more and perfect that shape.



I painted on her face because I didn't have time to embroider one.



And I finished Grace's Christmas dress!!! It's beautiful but she's sleeping so she will try it on after her nap! I lined it with blue satin and made an under skirt of the same satin and had matching blue buttons on the back! The velvet is super soft but thick and it took a bit to get it sewn up. In the end it is exactly as I had imagined :)

It will be debuted at Christmas Eve church service tonight.



As the boy would say,

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night
:)

No comments: