15 December 2009

Darn that Murphy

I should have known. Murphy can't stop at just one thing.

Sure the van is parked and frozen and I don't care anymore.

The truck is supposed to be easy to use. Push the truck heater, wait 2 hours and drive away. Well after airing up the air bags and turning on the inverter and stuff...

Anyways. I did that. I also thought it was reasonable to assume that I could get ready, get the kids ready and pack the truck in those 2 hours.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Aren't I stupid??!!!

4 HOURS later, we arrive at the bus depot.

How many???

FOUR. FOUR!

Well, by that time I was ready for a nap!

The girl decided today was the day to hate the car seat and strained and grunted the whole time in it.

Oh, it also started snowing as I was leaving.

The Bus Depot debit machine went down as I was trying to pay.

Costco was INSANE.

Walmart was INSANE.

The girl was HEAVY.

The boy was...not that bad actually. Oh wait, he was just loud, which was hurting the ears.

Traffic was INSANE.

The windchill was -26C.

I was INSANE.

All in all it wasn't that bad but I was tired and really stressed that it took 4 hours to get to the first errand. That was just unreasonable. I like where we live but it really sucks the time out of you when it takes so long to get to town and the have to do errands and we have to go back tomorrow again because I have to split the errands into days so it's not overwhelming to me. And the kids.

I understand why 1950's mothers drank. I understand why they drank while wearing pearls and high heels!

No comments: