My goodness. Who knew Hip Hop crossed with latin, salsa and belly dancing could be such a workout???
I LOVED my Zumba workout at the gym today! And we were lucky. The teacher forgot the class was supposed to be cancelled so the 6 of us who showed up were thankful!
I LOVE dancing. I did classical ballet for 11 years, tap for 2 years, hip hop for a semester. I dream of being on Dancing with the Stars. Except I'd have to be a star first...
Anyways, there I was, with a grin pasted on my face the whole hour, because I was so excited! I love latin, merengue, anything ballroom really. Hip Hop doesn't come easily to me and truly I was a white chick trying to dance! For that matter, belly dancing and shaking the maracas doesn't come easily to me either but I got the rest! LOL!
With a dance background I could understand a lot of the mechanics behind it and was able to use the proper muscle groups but man was it a workout. Many of those muscle groups had to be dusted off! I think I'll be hurting big time in about 2 days.
The girl fussed so much the childminder had to bring her in right near the end of the class and so she was allowed to join us for the stretching/cool down period. She smiled at everyone and then sucked her thumb and fell asleep on my shoulder!!!
I look forward to going back next weekend :)
10 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment