Let's see, oh here's a cute one.

I usually bath her fast, in, out as it hurts my back. She still doesn't sit up on her own but I thought I would try it today. She loved it. She chewed everything and only fell over a couple times. Come on people, I did catch her!!
But isn't her Shar-Pei rolls so darn cute??? And those big blue eyes :)
We finally made it to town today. After pouring rain for a couple hours it turned into heavy, wet fluffy snow that quickly accumulated into 3". The roads were slushy but graveled.
Anyway, we scored big time at the Dollar Store and the Thrift Store today. I always get quality toys at the thrift store every now and then.
I got these for the girl today, all for a buck (score!)!

They are music shakers and cost a heck of a lot more at the toy store! The boy is going to love them too! This just in, I found them on the web for over $20! Total score for $1!
I already started making this,
Ours is of course, green. I ran out of push pins yesterday but got more today and will finish it tomorrow. I think the boy will love it! I also bought hair elastics from the Dollar Store (score!) to stretch over the pins and make anything really.
I already made one of these, in a water bottle size, for the van. I am making a bigger one with rainbow rice for the house.
You dye the rice (oh dang, I forgot to buy rubbing alcohol) in rainbow colours, using a few drops of food colouring and a tsp of rubbing alcohol (to set the colours). Then you collect a whole bunch of trinkets, buttons, candles, toys, anything that will fit through the top of a pop bottle. I found a couple mini dinosaurs today (score!) to add to the bottle.
The first bottle is already in the van and I am too lazy to go get it for a photo. It was a big hit on the way to town.
I bought these for a Fine Motor Skills activity.

And made this for lacing.

And I stayed up way too late printing off free mazes and connect the dots to laminate. I found a website that has Upper and Lower Case letters with a maze inside, mazes for different holidays and connect the dots to make Upper and Lower Case letters.
I'm addicted. I need to go back to the website to see what else I can find.
Oh ya, and I found a bunch of trays to use for the activities and marble painting for cheap at the thrift store (score!).
I think we'll go to the other two thrift stores tomorrow to see what other treasures we can find :)
I am also working on a last couple gifts to get out the door and a few I want to throw in the packages. I want to post pics but then it would ruin the surprise!
No comments:
Post a Comment