17 July 2008

A Knittin' We Shall Go


I have had a picture of a sweater in my mind for Baby Blues. An adorable navy blue, shawl collar sweater for those cold, blustery days of fall and winter. Well, perhaps we should live in Newfoundland for that, but who cares, its what I wanted to make.

I found a great little yarn shop here in town and found a pattern. I bought some great Superwash 100% Merino wool in Navy Blue. You can wash in the machine and dry flat. Its so soft and not at all itchy.

Anyways, I keep trying to sit outside while Baby Blues plays so I can enjoy the sunshine. Problem is, that everytime I go outside the thunderstorms roll in! I swear, its my knitting the blustery sweater that brings on the weather. Case in point. I am looking outside. Its beautifully sunny. But on the horizon I see another one brewing.

I wish I could spend my days knitting like this.




Perhaps I should read less Jane Austen.

Oh well. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Love,

The Knitting Queen

No comments: