01 February 2010

Bump in the Night

Twas 4:22am and all through the neighbourhood, not a creature was stirring, except....2 horses??

In our yard?

What the?

The owners are lucky I don't have a rifle by my bed!!!

I awoke with a start when Daisy, who was sleeping outside our back door, took off like a shot spraying gravel against the door and barking. And then she was gone. Just gone.

At first I thought she'd taken after a cougar or maybe a moose? The deer don't come around here as they know we have a dog.

3 hrs later, Daisy came back. And when Daddy went outside he saw tracks up the driveway in the fresh snow. And they were round hooves, like, like horse hooves! With a smaller one beside it.

The neighbour a couple doors down has a whole bunch of big and little horses. Apparently they decided to break free at 4:00am??? They were secure when we went past for church so who knows??!

No comments: