24 October 2008

Need snow, send it fast!!

Well, here we are another week and I haven't made it very far in the house. I can't find the hangers and dang if I am going to go and buy a whole bunch because that's when they'll show up!

Question: Does anyone have any good ideas on how to get dog smell out of a house? The carpets have been cleaned 3x. The floor is tile and I have washed it. It still smells in this house and its making me crazy!

Spice cupboards and food cupboards are slowly organizing themselves. Laundry is an actual joy to do because the machines work without inserting coins, and now that I have changed the lighting from dim yellow glow to new daylight (aka bright and clean white light), energy saving coil bulbs, I can see and it feels less of a cave.

It has been above zero and raining a lot. The leaves haven't made themselves disappear yet so we may have to bag and tote those to the local landfill where its cheap. I could dump them on my property but considering the back forty is a hefty 8% grade, I am NOT dragging them UP there!

The boy has become an avid leaf pile diver though I believe the leaves are also eating his pile of toys and we shall have to scoop carefully!

I should have the tax review in the mail tomorrow and hopefully, prayerfully, that beast will leave me alone and let me unpack! I have better things to do than dig receipts from holidays!!!

Corner Gas episodes have been keeping me company at night! I am missing Saskatchewan and rink burgers. Never had a small town rink burger? You ARE missing something great and your life will NOT be complete until you've had one. Speaking of which, the local curling club starts up in November here and the rink is about 3 blocks away! Even if I don't join a team, I can still go watch on Friday nights. HURRY! Hurry HARD! See? See? I know how to cheer for them!!!

Oh ya, I want snow. The grey of the sky and the trees in driving me somewhat insane. You'd think we lived in Vancouver! I can't wait for the big white fluffy stuff to start falling. Apparently up here we get quite a bit compared to the city. Yay!

No comments: