Today being the 1st October, the monthly rent was due. So up I hiked to the office to tell the cranky owners we'd be leaving in a week and a half!!
You have to understand what makes my blood boil in the way this guy acts and treats people. Firstly he always talks condescendingly to everyone. Unless you're over the age of 55 and have lots of money and a huge motorhome.
He opens the door, stands in the doorway and says, "What can I do for you?", as if he has no clue that it is the first of the month. And I know he knows when the first of the month is b/c one time he came past us on the 2nd of the month and made the money sign by rubbing his fingers together. OK, first buddy, you're not a drug dealer and you certainly aren't a pimp. Stop making that sign by rubbing your fingers together as if I owed you some huge amount and you were harassing me. I innocently said, "What?" He said, "Yesterday was the first so if you could pay up as soon as possible, that would be great." "I paid your wife yesterday." "Oh. She didn't tell me." And off he drove. No, "Oh sorry." Nothing. Just drove off. Jerk.
So anyways, he knows what day it is.
I said I came to pay the bill and that he'd probably have to make a new one b/c we were leaving on the 12th. "Oh you found a place for the winter?"
"Yes, we were blessed last month and were able to buy an acreage."
"Wow. That's good b/c we were getting worried about you staying for the winter." (Here we go AGAIN.)
(Me, slightly snapping...) "Why? Why is it so hard?"
"Well you have such a small camper and it gets so cold."
"Really? I ran military operations in the arctic, we lived in Yellowknife, and my husband grew up in Telegraph Creek in a dugout cabin. I don't think we'd have any problems."
"Oh, well, you have a little more experience than most I guess."
No sh*t sherlock! It's even a winterized camper.
After that he was very cordial. Then he asked if we were going to build on the acreage. No, it has a house. That surprised him too. I guess he figures we are destitute. And he must think he's God's gift to campers. Whatever, in one and a half weeks I can say "See ya!"
On a more positive note, I made the Yogurt Marmalade Cake from The Pioneer Woman's website. The cake is great. The marmalade is still really bitter and doesn't add to the cake so I'd recommend a peach/apricot jam for the top instead.
And even better news! My friend Robyn in Calgary had a baby girl on Monday! Congrats on Amy Shay! A baby sister for Sarah. I can't wait to see pictures!
Yes, yes, pictures to come!
01 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment