30 November 2008

With Gusto

We have been going full tilt since we got home. I got sick of all the clutter and unsettledness of our new place. Daddy has been fixing and making things, he is slowly seeing more of the garage and liking it, I am arranging the inside and emptying more boxes and totes, moving things out of the garage and into the storage shed, and being sweated out of the house from the wood stove!!!!

We are trying to keep the wood stove going so the in-floor heat doesn't kick in much, maybe during the night. Except its SOOOO HOT. We have been keeping the door and windows open while the stove is on!!! We can't get the stove to burn hot enough (well, we could, but we could heat 3 houses then) to prevent creosote forming in the chimney so we have build an uber-fire every few days and burn it out and man does it stink and make the fire alarms go off!

We replaced our tree stand today so we can hunt Christmas trees tomorrow! Yay! Then I can bring in the decorations and start on that. I still need the legs on my sewing table so I can start some Christmas presents, and we are attaching an old table leaf to the wall and using it as a small laptop place to get it off the dining room table.


No comments: